Tuesday, March 19, 2013

March 19th 2013 :) - Ink Playing.

Mondays are long, and notoriously boring. But Mondays at uni are very almost done, only one more left!

I had a couple of lectures and a seminar, but those weren't the interesting parts of my day.

For lunch I made sandwiches. I cut my bread, got it all sorted and put it together. turns out my bread was cut just that bit too thick - the sandwiches ended up about 3 inches thick! Oops! Tasty though :) I do love fresh bread.

Then in between my second and third classes of the day, my housemate and I went for a wander round the lake at UEA. It was so sunny and such a pretty wander which was nice. A very good break from lectures.

The evening was very slow until I decided at 9pm that I decided I was going to get my inks out and have a play. Possibly a tad late to start playing but oh well! I've had a request to make some cabochons, and as I haven't made any before I've been playing around with ideas before making something for real. This is how far I've got so far - plastic and ink. It's hard to get the ink to do what I want it to to make it look nice and I did have one disastrous attempt, but this photo shows the four pieces that I am happy with. Now I just need to make them into cabs without ruining them! Fingers crossed!



Today I neeeeeed to get work done. At least some reading so that I know where these essays are going to go. You'd think that the thought of only having a month left at uni would make me do the work and get it over and done with. Quite the opposite, it seems that I just don't want to do it anymore! Unfortunately I need to get these essays done, but after that, and in a month, I can stop worrying about uni for good (well, until results!) and enjoy a few months off before job hunting. The end is in sight, I just need to get my bum in gear and reach that end!

Have a good day everyone :)

No comments:

Post a Comment