Saturday, March 02, 2013

March 2nd 2013 :)

I managed to get all the boring stuff of washing and tidying and that kinda stuff all done yesterday.

Had a bit of a panic though - here I was thinking I was all done with doing work for the weekend, giving myself a few days off. Suddenly I remembered that I'm meant to be doing a presentation on Monday and because I missed Monday's lecture through being ill I didn't go and didn't have next week's material which I'm meant to be doing the presentation on! Cue big panic.

I eventually got hold of the material so should be able to get something sorted for Monday.

I spent the rest of the day not really doing a lot until I decided to make roast chips (I don't have a chip frier, and the frying pan isn't big enough to fry a decent amount of chips, so I par boil the chips then roast them for a good 40 minutes. They turn out pretty well for roasted chips!).

I did get the clay out as well. Had a go at mokume gane, but didn't really produce anything worth while, and I definitely need a new blade. Mine is full of dents and chips and doesn't really work as it should anymore. Hopefully I can get mokume gane sorted and have fun with the technique. I can't believe I've been working with clay for nearly four years and haven't ever tried it before!

I'm also in the process of making a memory book to store all those tickets and some photos and bits and pieces that I don't want to get rid of but no longer have space on my pinboard for anymore. I started last night but cutting up a bunch of old birthday cards with pretty patterns and stuff on them for use as memory book decorations. Then I just had to make an envelope using this fantastic envelope making tutorial
which was a lot of fun and just what I needed to store all those cut up bits of card :D I'm kind of nervous to start sticking in the book though, don't want to ruin it!

I was watching Mary and Martha at the time. You should watch it. It's about two women who suffer a tragedy and want to do something about it. Useless summary there but I don't want to give it all away! Watch it, it's on iPlayer! I did have a couple of tears though, so be warned.

                                              

Anyway. I should stop my rambling and get on with today's fun stuff. Beans on toast and cake making are first on today's agenda!!

Have some cuteness for the day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment